In early days, wildlife safari is connoted with big game hunting which involved few days outing in the jungle looking for a prey. During Those few days out in the jungle, temporary tents were pitched for fooding and lodging. Spending those few days in this temporary arrangement till prey is sighted and hunted.
Now-a-days, hunt is restricted only upto the clicking from a camera. Camera using your mobile phone or a DSLR. Safari is natural sight seeing around the jungle – home of the animals and to look around the spread and diversity. Big wide open fields and silence of the woods disturbed by the chips of the birds, Seeing the wildlife roaming freely in the untouched habitat and listening to their conversations… is an experience which is offered by wildlife safari
Some of the destinations for wildlife safari in India and the animals to look out for are-
• Kanha – Tigers, swamp deer, sloth bears, blackbucks, owls, hyenas and pythons.
• Bandhavgarh – leopards, gaurs, vultures, chinkaras, nilgais and four-horned antelopes.
• Ranthambore – Tigers, leopards, hyenas, several species of deer, nilgai, cats, bats, foxes, toads, frogs, crocodiles, lizards and venomous snakes live here in plenty.
• Pench – Deer, foxes, hyenas, jungle fowl, peafowl. According to a data, 180 bird species were spotted.
• Panna – wolves, tigers, hyenas, geese and vultures.
• Corbett – Bears, tigers, elephants, buffaloes and monkeys.
• Sunderbans – Dolphins and porpoises, and birds like storks and kingfishers.
• Kaziranga – land of the one-horned rhinos. it is also home to leopards, civets, bears, jackals, vultures and many other creatures.
• Tadob – Deer, tigers, cobras, eagles, dragonflies and spiders.
• Bandipur – Chitals, gaurs, dholes, langurs, birds of prey and snakes.
• Gir Forest – The lion country, Cobras, nilgais, chitals, boars, owls, eagles and cats.
• Periyar – Bats, squirrels, macaques, kites, eagles and coral snakes.